What is Iberus Connect?
Iberus Connect is an international network and PhD community of students coming from abroad to any of the Universities under the consortium of Campus Iberus: Public University of Navarre, University of La Rioja, University of Lleida and University of Zaragoza. The Iberus Connect coaching program for international PhDs is an initiative run by the doctoral school and Campus Iberus. The program attempts to help PhD students coming from abroad to adapt to the hosting University and PhD life by pairing incoming PhDs with more experienced ones willing to act as local coaches at your university.
Your international PhD coach will guide you through relevant administrative and academic processes at the university and beyond. Your coach may also help you with other aspects to make your adaptation to the city and overall PhD life easier.
How do I apply for a coach?
If you want to have a coach to guide you through the university processes, networking with your doctoral life and make your PhD life easier in Spain apply in the following form:
How to access the Forum to connect?
How can I become a coach?
Only PhD students currently enrolled in a doctoral program of the universities under the consortium of Campus Iberus can become a coach. It is preferably oriented to PhDs in their second or third year. Good English level is required, as well as motivation and social skills.
As an international PhD students coach you will have the opportunity to interact with international PhDs from different cultures. This carries a certain level of responsibility but you will gain in own personal development, intercultural awareness and interpersonal skills.
In your preparation to become a coach you will receive training on relevant areas for coaching.
At the end of the program, you will be acknowledged 15 hours of transversal training and awarded additional credit in the score of your application to the Erasmus scholarship Iberus+ for EU international mobility.
What does a coach do?
- Communicate with the international PhD students before arrival to your university.
- Guide them through the administrative and academic processes at the university.
- Help them find their way in and around the university.
- Share tips and experiences to help them settle in the city and face PhD life matters.
- Answer any questions they may have or check your answer with the contact person at the doctoral school in case of doubt.
- Communicate with the doctoral school contact person and Campus Iberus.
What do we expect of you?
- To know the city and the university well enough to give necessary information and share your experience on the administrative and academic processes.
- To keep in touch with the international PhD students you are paired.
- To complete the training on coaching areas.
- To join the coordination meetings for coaches that will be organised at the doctoral school.
- To inform of any problem to the doctoral school contact person and Campus Iberus.
- To deliver a brief testimonial report of your experience at the end of the program.
How to apply?
Questions about the Iberus Connect program?
Contact us via email: email@example.com