International Mentor Programme – IMP
The International Mentor Program (IMP), was launched within the association of Españoles Científicos en USA (ECUSA, available website) and with the support of Cátedra Principe de Asturias en la Universidad de Georgetown and the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) during the academic year 2014-2015 with the mission of boosting education, professional preparation and integral and continuous training of senior and postgraduate Spanish students.
The programme offers a range of mentor activities about career opportunities to every enrolled student and, additionally, an individual counselling to 8 selected students for each programme area: Biomedicine and Philology. Furthermore, the Programme will sponsor two grants, one for the Biomedicine area and the other one for the Philology area in order to give the possibility of a short sojourn of 6-8 weeks in one of the US ascribed centres to the Mentor Programme.
During the academic curse 2015-2016 Campus Iberus has entered as a Consortium of the universities of La Rioja, Lleida, Pública de Navarra and Zaragoza, to be part of this programme, offering to its Master and Doctoral Students the possibility of be involve with it.
The selected areas, for this first involvement of Campus Iberus in the IMP Programme, are Biomedicine and Philology.
The Programme aims to foster the following aspects:
- Internationalisation and promotion of the academic, scientific and intellectual capital of the Spanish University.
- Boost mobility and international projection of young Spanish talent, and new professional opportunities by means of active integration of international experts of Spanish origin who live in United States and Europe, as mentors of our under and post graduates.
- Creation of secure and sustainable networks of academic counselling and professional opportunities of bilateral collaboration, promoting a culture of global exchange and innovation.
- Promotion of the scientific excellence and the innovative/entrepreneurial spirit of our students.
- Foster the bilateral exchange of Spanish talent (national and international).
Do you want to be part of the Programme?
If you are a Master or Doctoral Student at any of the universities of Campus Iberus and you want to apply for this International Mentor Programme, you should send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than October 13th, 2015, with the following documents:
- Application form
- Curriculum with academic record.
- Certification of English level (minimum B2.
- Cover letter: Student presentation, extracurricular merits, reasons why you want to join the IMP programme and explanation of the things you can contribute with to the programme.
Please click on the following link to see the presentation video of the International Mentor Programme (IMP):