Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre will be the linchpin for the promotion of university entrepreneurship. It will build up the foundation and promote a favorable atmosphere, as well as the training and the funding necessary for the creation of new companies that can profit from the knowledge generated in Campus Iberus. In this way, the centre will be directly linked to the International Postgraduate and Doctorate Centre (IPDC) and its main purpose will be to deliver research and training programmes in entrepreneurial initiative and innovation in order to boost the qualification of students in this field, thus improving their employability as well as the transfer of knowledge.
Additionally, the Centre will also have a business pre-incubator scheme for start-up companies with offices in all the campuses, and will aid in obtaining the seed capital for the creation of technology based companies.
This centre will act in the following areas:
- Cross-curricular training in entrepreneurship throughout the learning process
- Development of creativity and innovation competences
- Policies of innovation management and training and development programmes for spin-off companies
- Setting up of a Master’s Programme in Research and Innovation that will reinforce the transfer of research results to businesses, and train professionals to work in research centres and in companies as innovation managers. Its objectives are:
- Providing the students with knowledge, competences and organization and management skills in the field of innovation
- Stimulating and bolstering the application of innovation methodologies and techniques
- Training the students in research and innovation management skills
- Creating a network of professionals with the knowledge, skills and experience necessary for the management of research and innovation
- Connecting the research and productive sectors
- Reinforcing employment stability
- Promoting the business success and continuity of the companies in the territory of Campus Iberus
The University of Zaragoza collaborates with MIT to provide training programmes in the Zaragoza Logistics Centre (ZLC). This is a starting point for a collaboration in other areas of specialization of Campus Iberus, namely Energy and the Environment and Technology for Health. Likewise, MIT will also play a role in the creation of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre.