Agregations of the project
Campus Iberus is a project involving four public universities in the Ebro Valley’s four autonomous regions: University of Zaragoza in Aragon, University of Navarra in Navarra, University of La Rioja in La Rioja and the University of Lleida in Catalonia.
This aggregation of universities is backed up by the businesses and institutions dedicated to developing R&D activities with the four member universities. A detailed description can be found in section 2.5 of the report. However, we would like to give special emphasis to those partners central to the project:
- Government R&D systems from each of the autonomous regions involved in the aggregation
- The cities accommodating any of the four university campuses and without whose help urban integration would be impossible.
We would also like to highlight the group of companies and institutions involved in the development of the Iberus International Campus of Excellence accompanying important projects and tackling scientific/technological challenges found in section 2.4 covering the different fields of specialisation.
The group of the Campus Iberus member universities, together with the strategic partners of the aggregation can claim some areas of application in accordance with their scientific capabilities and the areas that are strategic for the scientific/technological policies of each of the four autonomous regions involved in the initiative.
The strategic partners accompanying the strategic aggregation, in order of fields of specialisation are:
Moreover, the R&D institutions involved in the project are identified in the following graphics:
- Materials and technology for quality of life
- Agri-food and Nutrition
- Remembrance, Heritage and Identity
A detailed description of the strategic partners and R&D institutions forming part of the Campus Iberus aggregation are presented separately according to field of specialisation:
Iberus was created with an international vocation, it is rooted in society and committed to its development. It is established as a creator of culture, a thought enhancer and the engine for economic progress, it represents a space for continual change and exchange promoting science, culture and technology.
The development of this important role is based on the solid integration of each of the Iberus Campus universities with the innovation systems in the autonomous regions where they are located: University of Zaragoza in Aragon, University of Navarra in Navarra, University of La Rioja in La Rioja and the University of Lleida in Catalonia.
The four universities are fundamental agents in scientific and technological policies of the territories where they participate. Their union rationalises the development of a natural socio-economic area such as the Ebro valley consisting of an innovative ecosystem on which a sustainable economy can be founded based on knowledge. The Iberus Campus also goes beyond the Spanish border, making way for the creation of a cross-border campus with the universities of Toulouse and Pau, constituting an important new project that we can name EBRoS Western Pyrenees. The Western Pyrenees European Bioregion cross-border campus.
This project is not possible without the aid of the territorial agents, institutions and businesses with which the four member universities have established hundreds of collaboration agreements and which have shown support for the Iberus International Ebro Valley Campus of Excellence. The following is a list of the agreements established with the group’s strategic partners:
- Government of Aragon : His Honour, the President of the Government of Aragon expresses the full intentions of the Government of Aragon to collaborate on an integral plan for the development of the Iberus International Campus of Excellence, adding Aragon’s seven R&D centres to the candidacy.
- Goverment of Navarra : The Councillor for International Relations and Spokesperson for the Government of Navarra’s Department of Education has established the strategic alignment of the call for proposals for the International Campus of Excellence and in particular, the Iberus Campus with strategic plans from the Government of Navarra. Consequently he expresses the support of the Government of Navarra in the participation of the University of Navarra in the Ebro Valley International Campus of Excellence
- La Rioja Goverment: His Honour the President of the Government of La Rioja expresses that the Government of La Rioja is committed to participating in the International Campus of Excellence project and the R&D sub-programme under the Strategic Association agreement.
- Goverment of Catalunya: The commissioner for universities and the Research team from the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Innovation, University and Enterprise, express their support for the Iberus International Campus of Excellence.
- Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC): The President of CSIC makes his support for the Iberus Campus initiative known and commits the organisation to working on its definition and development of scientific aspects and knowledge transfer.
- Université de Toulouse: The President of the University of Toulouse states that the university is fully prepared to cooperate with the University of Zaragoza on higher education and research projects within the European Union
- Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED): A collaboration agreement for the use of IT, virtual campus development and the offer of ongoing training and postgraduate courses within the International Campus of Excellence framework.
Agreements for the development of strategic projects
The Iberus Campus has chosen the fields of specialisation that according to capabilities and singular geographical situation, will allow it to claim an international position, with defined scientific challenges and acts at the forefront of discovery, in some of the main challenges facing humanity: Sustainable energy, technology to aid the health of the citizen, food and nutrition and cultural heritage preservation.
The different agents presented here have signed a collaboration agreement for the development of an educational project, research and knowledge transfer, with the Iberus Campus in the different fields of specialisation:
Material and technology for quality of life
- Technology for health:
- Energy and Environment:
- Agri-food and nutrition
- Memoria Patrimonio e Identidades