With the Cross-border Campus project, the partner members seek to achieve greater excellence in higher education and scientific research, as well as broader international cooperation and a change of the economic model to one based on knowledge and innovation.
The partners share the goal of consolidating the European Higher Education Area, and have close geographical and cultural ties, as well as a rich common environmental and cultural heritage. These make for privileged conditions for cross-border cooperation initiatives, and so they have created a framework to develop the Cross-border Campus EBRoS Western Pyrenees.
The basic lines of cooperation are defined by the areas of specialization of Campus Iberus. The goals of this cooperation are:
- to improve the quality of higher education through an increase in the critical mass of lecturers-researchers and the optimization of resources in equipment and laboratories
- the formation of competitive and internationally recognized education, research and innovation clusters
- the visibility, coherence and competitiveness on a European and on an international level of the education and research programmes offered
- to increase the cohesion and competitiveness of the regions of the Cross-border Campus EBRoS Western Pyrenees
More specifically, the following actions will be implemented:
- establishment of Spanish-French Double degree/diploma programmes at degree, master and doctorate levels
- establishment of partnerships and joint programmes with national and regional research, innovation and entrepreneurship organizations
- knowledge transfer activities and cooperation with innovative industry sectors, especially at regional level (science parks, business clusters, competitiveness clusters, business schools, etc.)
- the sharing of resources among the partners of the Cross-border Campus EBRoS Western Pyrenees
- mobility programmes for students, lecturers, researchers and admin and support staff