In Campus Iberus equal opportunities between all members of the university community: students, faculty members and administration and support staff is an essential objective.
Even though the achievement of equal opportunities between men and women has made great strides in recent decades, there still remain many areas of inequality:
- Income inequality between men and women
- Problems arising from the reconciliation of work, personal and family life
- The still scant representation of women in managerial and decision-making posts
Universities must take active steps to solve situations of gender inequality such as these.
In Campus Iberus we plan to undertake the following actions for the promotion of gender equality:
- Creation of a Campus gender equality observatory responsible for implementing and monitoring the Campus Equality Plan
- Delivery of postgraduate programmes in feminist, women and gender studies to take place at the Campus International Doctorate and Postgraduate Centre (IDPC)
You can find information on the activities carried out in the universities of the Campus on the links below: